Please Note: All Contracts are examples. Whilst you are welcome to copy, download and print these examples they are for information and entertainment only. We advise you to use contracts drawn up or checked by a legal expert.
Example Performers/Agents Contract
ANY AGENTS/VENUES/BOOKERS NAME
Any Address, Anywhere, Any Town.
TEL: 000 0000 0000. FAX: 000 0000 0000.
E MAIL: anyone@emailname, MOB: 0000 0000000.
An agreement made on the ‘DATE HERE’ between ‘BOOKERS NAME HERE’ (hereinafter called the Client) of the one part, and ‘ACT/BAND NAME HERE’, (hereinafter called the artiste/management) of the other part, witnesseth that the client hereby engages the artiste/management and the artiste/management accepts an engagement to present the following at the Venue and from the dates of the periods and at the salaries/fees stated in the schedule hereto;
|NAME OF ACT:||ACT NAME (act description)|
|VENUE:||VENUE NAME HERE|
|ADDRESS:||VENUE ADDRESS GOES HERE|
|TEL NO:||VENUE CONTACT NUMBER|
|DATE:||DATE OF GIG/BOOKING|
|CONTACT:||VENUE CONTACT NAME|
|SET BY:||8.30PM (time you must be set up by)|
|PERFORMANCE:||9.00PM TO 12.00PM – start, finish, performance length|
|SALARY/FEE:||£ Agreed Payment due to you|
|METHOD OF PAYMENT:||cash on the night|
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:||Venue to be contacted 1 week prior to date by artist to confirm appearance.|
Signed:____________________ Client. Date:___________________
Signed:____________________ Artiste: Date ____________________
PLEASE SIGN & RETURN ONE COPY OF THIS CONTRACT WITHIN 7 DAYS
THE CONDITIONS OVERLEAF ARE AN INTEGRAL PART OF THIS CONTRACT.
(DOE LICENCE NO:……IF APPLICABLE)
Example Contract Page 2
- Cancellation of this Contract shall be as follows;
a) More than 365 days from the performance date; 10% of the full fee.
b) Between 181-364 days from the performance date; 25% of the full fee.
c) Between 91-180 days from the performance date; 50% of the full fee.
d) Between 61-90 days from the performance date; 75% of the full fee.
e) Between 1-60 days from the performance date; The full fee will be payable.
2. The artiste/s agrees that the fee is inclusive of all expenses, holiday entitlements, travelling expenses to and from the venue and covers any payments whatsoever due to other members of the band or unit.
3. The artiste/s agrees that any further engagements offered as a result of this engagement, whether from the client on this contract or any other client or potential client, shall be negotiated through the management. Failure to adhere to this will result in the artiste being invoiced accordingly.
4. The artiste/s warrants that all equipment is in good working order, and fit for its purpose, and that no part of the performance is likely to be a danger to the artiste/s or any other person/s.
5. The adjustment of the volume and sound level of any equipment shall be as the client reasonably requires.
6. No fee shall be payable to the artiste/s for any day upon which this engagement shall be suspended by reason of Royal Demise, National Mourning, Fire, Epidemic, War, Strikes, lockout or by reason of order of any Licensing or Public Authority.
7. The artiste/s at the time of signing this contract shall not be under any contract to a third party that might preclude him/her from fulfilling the engagement.
8. Artiste/s agree not to hand out cards etc., with their personal telephone number and/or address on it. You are requested to inform the person/s concerned to contact **Name of Agent**. Any other action will contravene the terms of this contract, and if you are found to have done this you will cease to be used by this agency.
9. Artiste/s shall be suitably and tidily dressed during their performance. The wearing of jeans and trainers are strictly forbidden except with the consent of the client or where the wearing of such attire is deemed to be a necessary part of their act.
10. In signing this contract the artiste/s agrees to the terms and conditions laid down, and consents to paying the stated commission within 7 days of the engagement.
11. All artiste/s are responsible for their own TAX & N.I. contributions.
12. The client agrees that any further engagements offered as a result of this engagement shall be negotiated through the management, and not the artiste/s. Failure to adhere to this could result in the client being invoiced accordingly.
13. The client shall be responsible for the provision of mains electricity in the performing area.
14. All deposits paid are non-refundable.
15. The management accepts no responsibility for non-fulfilment of contract, but every safeguard is assured.
16. This contract reflecting the terms and conditions as verbally agreed shall be deemed accepted only when either;
a) It is signed and returned in 7 days.
b) It is not exchanged within the prescribed 7 days and no written objection has been made within its period.